Tuesday, December 8, 2009

White Bean Chili, Pumpkin Roll and Vanilla-Maple Steamer

White Bean Chili


Here's what you'll need.



Rich is not a fan of anything soup-like so he ate his with a fork to avoid the broth and onion.


I cooked the chili in my enameled cast iron dutch oven (aka french oven) and some cornbread in my newly resurfaced and reseasoned cast iron skillet.



Pumpkin Roll

Here's what you'll need.


You turn the cooked portion out onto a powdered sugar coated dish towel (clean and dry of course).


Then you roll it all up together.




After it cools, you unroll and frost, then later re-roll, chill and slice. Next time I'll use a larger jelly roll pan and a thinner dish towel to get a tighter roll, although this did turn out pretty well.




Vanilla-Almond Steamer

I didn't have almond extract so I used maple, and it was delicious. A nice nonalcoholic, decaffeinated alternative to something like a Bailey's and coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum yum! I think I've only seen one pic of Rich so glad he has made another appearance!

    ReplyDelete